Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Home Sweet home.  The last seven days at home have been great.  Lexe has really enjoyed her time at home and has stayed healthy!!  Lexe has spent a lot of time resting and eating home cooking.  We had a fun time last Friday celebrating Lexe's 18th birthday.  A few of Lexe's friends came by and we ended up watching a movie and grilling burgers.  Lexe felt it was one of her best birthdays ever.


The Campbell's and the Reinbold's gave Lexe a cool pair of orange nikes for her birthday
Happy 18th

Birthday visitors

On Sunday Elle Duke and her mom came by the house, Elle wrote "I came to win" - Lexe's Song, and sang to Lexe.  Elle is a very talented young lady and her songs were awesome.  We all enjoyed the visit and appreciate the interest the Duke family has shown our family.  Elle is ready to release her first album and we can't wait to purchase it!

Marci Duke top right, Elle Duke bottom right

On Memorial Day, Lexe, Laurie and her sister Mackenzie went for a hike up Bell Canyon in Sandy.  It was a beautiful day and Lexe did great on the hike.  Tons of energy. 

Lexe and her sister Mackenzie up Bell Canyon

Laurie and Lexe

Lexe, Mackenzie and laurie hiking Bell Canyon

Lexe continues to have her health monitored by home health care nurses.  Her ANC count is still only 200.  We are all hoping that her count can get to 500 by the end of the week.  As thing stand, Lexe is scheduled for an echocardiogram, bone marrow aspirate, and spinal tap this coming Friday.  The plan is to admit Lexe to the hospital June 6th and start her second round of chemo.

Alta High gradation is scheduled for June 5th.  Lexe has received permission to attend her graduation!  We have met with high school officials and they are going to work with us to minimize Lexe's exposure to others.  It look like Lexe can sit away from the crowd and will be the first student read.  She is both excited and nervous to attend the graduation.  

2 comments:

  1. Lexe,
    I am so happy to hear that you get to attend your graduation. I am so happy for you. And by the way, "Happy Birthday". Good luck on your second round of chemo. I will keep you in my prayers.

    Love, Marilyn Bodily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just when I was feeling super discouraged and ready to give up my fight with illnesses I face, I saw a segment of lexe on ksl...I just have to say THANK YOU lexe for sharing your story and being so brave. It definitely gave me the boost to keep fighting my fight. You're in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete